Ambulatory Pharmacy Assistant
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
• Competitive starting wages and training to grow within the company
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
• Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
• Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
• Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
• Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
• Adoption Assistance
• Wellness Program
Performs general clerical, cash handling and customer service duties in support of the day-to-day operations of the assigned pharmacy. Work includes (but is not limited to) activities such as: cashiering, stocking, delivery, and answering phones, typing prescription labels, filing, entering patient demographics information and daily STATS into a computer system, and pricing. Incumbents may prepackage and labels drugs for subsequent use in prescription dispensing operations and count and pour for individual prescriptions.
The work involves the exercise of strong customer service/communication skills. Incumbents are also accountable for maintaining their knowledge of internal policies and procedures, and assisting with the on-boarding of peers.
- Performs cash register operation and cash handling.
- Assists customers/patients with incoming prescriptions at the counter.
- Assists with inventory control and replenishment, pharmaceutical returns, return-to-stock, and product rotation.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of all department work and storage areas, department conference room, intra-departmental break areas on a regular basis.
- Assists in medication packaging in accordance with the Board of
- Pharmacy regulations.
- Performs routine clerical/operations support.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Any combination of experience and education that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities. Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
Current Certification by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant or Certification within one year of hire into the position.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs