Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
St. Luke’s Health–Brazosport Hospital is located on a beautiful 25-acre campus in Lake Jackson Texas. Offering state-of-the-art diagnostic and comprehensive treatment services our hospital is home to a 154-bed patient tower level III trauma center advanced cardiac care center and full-service multidisciplinary cancer center. Our team consists of over 100 board-certified physicians and nearly 600 highly skilled employees to meet our patients’ medical needs. South Brazoria County’s premier healthcare system St. Luke’s Health–Brazosport Hospital is dedicated to providing quality care with compassion for the communities we serve.
As an ER Nurse at St. Luke’s Health – Brazosport Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health, you’ll be the first touchpoint to the people in our community during health emergencies.
No two days in emergency nursing are ever the same. You’re a multitasker who can react quickly as you’ll prioritize patients based on their medical necessity while you’re providing emergency triage to others. As part of our ED team, you’ll partner with an experienced clinical team to deliver stabilizing care to our patients by performing IV starts, foley catheter insertions, or aiding providers with chest tube insertions.
To thrive as an Emergency nurse, you should exhibit teamwork, professionalism, critical thinking skills, and a willingness to take on additional projects such as patient experience initiatives. More than anything, you should be energetic and motivated to provide quality care to all of our patients, maintaining their dignity at every step.
- Use emergency triage protocol to intake, discharge or admit patients.
- Deliver stabilizing care to emergency patients of all ages as part of the larger ER team, adapting care to changes in patient’s condition as needed.
- Use knowledge of cultural differences to provide patient care that is sensitive to and consistent with cultural values, beliefs, and customs. Document the nursing care plan and changes in the patient's condition.
- Engage in other activities that will benefit patient outcomes, such as patient experience initiatives, mentoring, etc.
- Degree : Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Licensure: RN License
- Experience: 1 year of acute care RN experience
- Certifications: BCLS within 14 days of start date (american heart only), ACLS within 6 months of hire or transfer, PALS within 1 year after hire or transfer,NIHSS within 3 months of hire
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful ER RN at St. Luke's Brazosport
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started