Weekend Medical Surgical RN
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical / Surgical Acute
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
Established by the Sisters of the St. Francis in 1924, CHI Health Good Samaritan is a 268-bed regional referral center in Kearney Neb. At CHI Health-Good Samaritan you’ll find an advanced level trauma center that also offers AirCare, emergency helicopter transport, and an ambulance program providing long distance and local 911 service. Among our many other services are cardiac care including open-heart surgery, a level II neonatal intensive care unit, a nationally accredited cancer center, comprehensive neurosurgery, advanced orthopedic program, and inpatient and outpatient mental health services at our free-standing Richard Young Behavioral Health facility.
The Medical-Surgical Unit at Good Samaritan Hospital is a 24-bed dedicated unit that cares for a variety of patients including general surgery, medsurg, gynecology, psych/detox, ENT, and general medicine. We also have implemented the Virtually Integrated Care model (2nd in the nation!) that assists with delivering effective and efficient care for the patients!
Eligible for New Hire $15K Sign-on Bonus & $10K Educational Assistance
This position requires you to work every weekend. We have extra weekend differentials for these positions.
- Follow the nursing process which includes: assess, plan, implement, and evaluate. The nursing process is an ongoing process that can end at any stage.
- Assessment - Demonstrates a systematic, dynamic way to collect and analyze the following healthcare consumer data including: psychological, physiological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic and lifestyle factors
- Plan – Sets measurable and achievable short and long term goals according to standards of care based on the assessment by the nurse in collaboration with the healthcare consumer and multidisciplinary team.
- Implement – Implements and/or modifies the plan of care using assessment data, clinical reasoning based upon standards of care and evidence based practice. This includes care coordination, education and discharge planning. The nurse is accountable for the care directly, indirectly or through delegation. Professional and legal standards for delegation must be followed.
- Evaluate – Uses a systematic ongoing process to evaluate progress towards identified healthcare consumer goals. Revision of plan of care when needed involving the healthcare consumer and the multidisciplinary team.
- Documents all phases of the nursing process in the healthcare consumer’s record.
- Demonstrates personal and professional responsibility for ongoing development, practice, and education. Maintains a safe work environment. Fosters a collaborative environment in support of the nursing profession.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association required
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Weekend Medical Surgical RN at CHI Health Good Samaritan?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started