Good Samaritan is a 268-bed regional referral center in Kearney, Nebraska. Our location in the region is the key: Travelers along a busy stretch of Interstate 80, as well as rural Nebraskans and Kansans are able to find nearly every level of care at Good Samaritan without traveling hundreds of more miles to larger metropolitan areas.
At Good Samaritan, you’ll find an advanced level trauma center that also offers AirCare emergency helicopter transport and an ambulance program providing long distance and local 911 service. Among our many other services are cardiac care including open-heart surgery, a level II neonatal intensive care unit, a nationally accredited cancer center, comprehensive neurosurgery, advanced orthopedic program, and inpatient and outpatient mental health services at our free-standing Richard Young Behavioral Health facility.
*$10,000 Sign-on Bonus and up to $7,000 Education Assistance*
Surgery can be very scary for a patient. It’s our job to make sure surgical areas are ready for use when needed. Our Surg Techs ensure that the operating areas are sterile and clean while confirming all equipment needed works properly. If you are a Certified Surgical Technician and want to start a new career with an amazing group of healthcare professionals, see below what it takes to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures by ensuring the equipment is functioning properly and safely
- Prepares the operating room and the sterile field for surgical procedures by preparing sterile supplies, instruments, and equipment using sterile technique
- Demonstrates knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how it relates to the patient and surgical procedure
- Anticipates usual and unexpected events during the surgical procedure and responds in an efficient manner
- Handles and processes surgical specimens according to established policy/procedure
- Serves as a preceptor in training and orientation of fellow staff members and students
Why you should choose us:
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
Completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program
Certification in Surgical Technology preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs