Sterile Processing Tech I
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Eligible for New Hire $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
*Speak to a recruiter regarding incentive eligibility, requirements, and restrictions for new hire employees and current employees accepting a promotion.
Job Summary / Purpose
Sterile Processing Technicians are responsible for cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of instrumentation from all areas of the hospital. They pick up and deliver as needed following AAMI, OSHA, and Joint Commission recommendations for identifying contaminated and clean items. They may assist with case cart assembly and OR room turnover. Technicians contribute to the department goals through quality services.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for cleaning, inspecting, processing, assembling, and sterilization of all instruments and equipment following Policy/Procedure, Industry Standards, and manufacturer Instructions for Use (IFU).
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows OSHA requirements at all time.
- Assists with daily/weekly testing and logging of all mechanical equipment, including but not limited to Mechanical Washers, Sonic, all Sterilizers.
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of instrumentation by identification of items needing repair.
- Follows procedure for set assembly utilizing Instrument Checklists and/or Instrument Tracking where available.
- Where applicable:
- Completes case cart assembly by adding needed instrumentation to the case cart.
- Assist with OR Room Turnover
- Cleaning and HLD of GI Scopes, Bronchoscopes, TEE Probes
- Uses supplies (wrap, containers, chemicals, etc.) efficiently, correctly, and according to IFU.
- Participates in Department activities including, but not limited to, Orientation, System Education, Quality, Daily Briefing & Supply needs.
Required: High school diploma
*One (1) Year of applicable experience, determined by facility –OR-*Successful completion of a Sterile Processing Tech or Surgical Tech Program from an accredited school.
#sterileprocessing #technician #humankindness
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs