MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Johnston Pedatrics Clinic is looking for CMAs, LPNs and RNs to join the team. In healthcare, we all agree that support is a must in order to be successful. Our Medical Assistants, LPNs and RNs communicate with patients and their caregivers throughout their entire clinic experience. From front office to back office and all clinical support required in between and ensure patients and their caregivers have a positive experience. If you are a CMA, LPN or RN who enjoys working directly with patients in a clinic setting, it’s time to connect with us!
What you’ll do:
- Record patient’s medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical record
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and assess urgent/emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
- Obtain medical information and take vitals
- Evaluates patient and family understanding of treatment plan and/or instructions.
- Assists with a variety of procedures, exams and/or operation of diagnostic equipment as assigned
- Proficient in IV skills and IV hydration
- Deliver quality patient care in a fast-paced clinical setting
- Excel coordinating care for multiple patients at a time
- Excellent time management skills; maximizing slow periods to complete tasks during your shift
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
Whether you are an experienced CMA/LPN/RN 'who's seen it all' or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join MercyOne Des Moines today and experience nursing with us!
Ask about our Sign-On Bonus
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), LPN or RN
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs