Patient Access Rep
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Delivers assigned patient care and treatment as delegated by an RN or LPN.
- Performs or assists patients with activities including personal hygiene, bathing, ambulation, transporting, range of motion exercises, dressing/undressing, feeding, changing bandages, elimination needs, and emptying drainage devices.
- Responds to patient calls and anticipates patient needs. Assures patient safety and comfort through use of safe patient handling techniques, regular rounding, environmental maintenance, equipment maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures.
- Calculates intake and output (excluding IVs). Measures vital signs. Performs bedside blood glucose testing. Makes entries to patient health records as consistent with scope of job duties and in compliance with company policy.
- Initiates or assists with emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Performs post-mortem care.
- Sets up equipment and supplies for procedures. Prepares patients and rooms for procedures, admissions, and transfers. Discharges patients from system.
- Observes and reports information regarding any change in physical/mental condition, behavior, or status of the patient to the nurse.
- Collects and labels specimens.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains selected pieces of equipment.
- Completion of 75-hour, 120-hour or 150-hour Certified Nursing Assistant program OR be listed as having passed CNA competency testing on the Iowa Direct Care Worker registry.
- Graduate of an accredited RN or LPN program, certification as an EMT in the State of Iowa OR formally holding a medical occupational specialty from the military may be substituted for completion of CNA program and CNA Registry.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter – Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs