CV Sonographer Driving
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
$10,000.00 Sign on Bonus
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance and Education Reimbursement (applicable positions) supporting career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
As our CV Sonographer at MercyOne, you’ll help to discover the issue behind what’s ailing a patient and get us one step closer to successfully treating that illness or injury. Under supervision, you will perform echocardiograms or peripheral vascular testing according to established protocol for patients of MercyOne Iowa Heart Center. Using your organizational skills, you will follow clinic procedure for the organization and management of documentation within the electronic medical record system.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to build trust in all your interactions through your professionalism and work ethic. You are very knowledgeable in all areas of your role but always eager to learn more. You keep impeccable records and knowledge of the current electronic medical record system. Confidentiality is of utmost importance to you. Most of all, you understand how vital your role is in the diagnosing and treating of our patients and you’re eager to help us succeed in making them better.
- Maintains proficiency with all cardiovascular ultrasound equipment and procedures performed at MercyOne Iowa Heart Center.
- Performs echocardiographic and vascular exams according to established protocol.
- Instructs and educates patient regarding the ordered test and prepares the patient for the procedure.
- Demonstrates customer service/interpersonal skills
- Appropriately documents in EHR and billing system
- Adheres to all Joint Commission and IAC accreditation guidelines
- Successful completion of an accredited two year Ultrasonography or Radiologic Technologist program or must meet the educational requirements of the ARDMS/CCI for ultrasound training. (ie: 2-year Allied Health degree or Bachelor’s degree)
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within 12 months of hire
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within 12 months of hire
- Maintains active registry status with ARDMS or CCI
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
- Valid Iowa Driver’s/Chauffeurs License required, must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs