Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. Operating 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
• Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
• Flexible spending accounts
• Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
• Matching Retirement Programs
• Wellness Programs
- Provides clerical support to the patient care unit through ensuring patient medical record is properly assembled, Accurately transcribing orders and enters Consults into the computer(if applicable)
- Acts as a receptionist for the unit by directing, assisting, and communicating to patients, families, visitors, co-workers and other departmental personnel.
- Delivers specimens, picks up medication and other items
- Demonstrates ability to access and use computer systems
- Demonstrates commitment to the continuum of care by optimizing patient flow: updates bed census timely, facilitates transfer/discharge of patients, Assists other departmental personnel when picking up/returning patients, assisting to transport patients as needed, and facilitating new/transfer patient to unit.
- Demonstrates commitment to the cost-containing goals of the patient care unit and the hospital: ordering only needed supplies, removing and delivering supplies received, entering patient charges timely, and ensuring discontinued equipment is returned promptly
- Demonstrates commitment to maintain a neat, orderly, and safe environment: Maintains a neat, safe and orderly work area, keeps hallways clear of obstructions, reports safety issues and broken equipment appropriately, and adheres to patient safety precautions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal growth and development by completing annual mandatory in-services and code validation, attending unit-based in-services, and attending monthly departmental meetings
- Communicates with patient's family, physicians, and unit personnel and peers in an accurate, courteous and professional manner
- May assist with transfers/escorts and observations of patients
Education and Licensure
- High School Diploma/GED
- Less than one (1) year of experience in related field
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs