Surgical Technician II
The posted compensation range of $25.25 - $36.61 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Part Time, Benefits Eligible
Sign On Bonus, $3750.00
St. Lukes Health–The Vintage Hospital provides high-quality compassionate care for residents of the Willowbrook Champions and Tomball areas of Northwest Houston. With the resources of the St. Luke’s Health system we are able to deliver the most advanced care available to our Northwest Houston community. The Vintage Hospital offers the latest in diagnostic and surgical expertise including heart care women’s health and orthopedics.
Assists in patient care and preparation of surgical patients; Performs scrub duties and related procedures; Accountable
for ensuring cleaning and maintenance of supplies and equipment for selected specialty. Performs in the advanced
roles of preceptor, service specialist and instrument room liaison.
1. Assist surgical team in the scrubbing role according CHI St. Luke's policies and procedures.
2. Maintain sterile field.
3. Report immediately any breaks in aseptic technique.
4. Pass instruments, suture products, medication, and sponge materials to surgeon.
5. Assist with retracting of tissue and organs, and suctioning by holding the retracting
6. Instrument that has been placed by the surgeon.
7. Electrosurgical current may be applied as directed by the surgeon.
8. Perform surgical counts with the RN according to policy and procedure.
9. Proficiently function in the scrub role for all services provided
10. Function as a resource for at least one specific service.
11. Utilize/open supplies judiciously, offers suggestions, improvements with focus on quality and cost containment.
12. Actively participate in product evaluations.
13. Assure appropriate equipment and supplies are available for each procedure:
14. Assist RN in updating preference
15. Work closely with the instrument room as service specialist/instrument liaison to assure provision of quality.
16. Assist in housekeeping duties as directed to insure safe patient environment and an efficient room turnover.
17. Assist RN with circulator duties while under direct supervision.
18. Work assigned shifts, responding when called upon for additional or emergency service as necessary and on‐call
according to Perioperative policies.
19. Actively participate in providing 2 in‐services per year at unit or service level. In‐services are approved by the
Manager prior to presentation.
20. Attend at least 10 hours of continuing education per year.
21. Preceptor for students and new employees. Complete preceptor orientation paperwork within established time
22. Actively participate in unit/committee meetings and is an active member of a professional organization.
*High School Diploma/GED
*Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or Certified Surgical
First Assistant (CST/CSFA) required as of September 1, 2010 or
"grandfathered" employees or LVN
BCLS for some locations
*One (1) year of experience
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs