CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides the highest level of safety and security by patrolling assigned areas to deter, detect and investigate crime and/or any suspicious activity which could cause harm to individuals or property; effective monitoring of electronic surveillance equipment; effective monitoring of hospital emergency systems and ability to dispatch appropriate personnel via radio.
1. Responsible for patrolling assigned areas, on foot or by vehicle, Provides service and protection
2. Investigates suspicious person(s) or activity, responds to crimes in progress, crimes that have occurred, disturbances, accidents, various public service calls, and other miscellaneous incidents.
3. Investigates complaints, criminal incidents, suspicious activity and accidents. Prepares detailed written incident reports.
4. When assigned to dispatch, effectively monitors electronic surveillance equipment to identify any suspicious person(s) or activity and dispatches appropriate personnel to investigate; Operates base radio station by dispatching appropriate personnel to emergency situations and/or requests for assistance by monitoring all radio traffic, Responsible for answering multiple telephone lines in response to routine and emergency inquires and dispatches appropriate personnel in regards to those inquires; Maintains appropriate logs of daily radio communications received from shift personnel and requests received via telephone; tabulates data from logs to produce required activity reports.
5. Provides general information and assistance to patients, visitors and employees, including safety related escorts as requested, to various campus locations.
6. Collaborates with various department personnel and external agencies to gather and exchange information; promote departmental services provided to the campus.
7. Assure proper working order of equipment; notify appropriate personnel when Repairs and/or maintenance is necessary.
8. Intervene as necessary to confront and restrain hostile and abusive persons in a manner necessary to reduce risk of personal injury to patients, visitors or employees, and to minimize the disruption of operations.
9. Aids the Security Coordinator in reviewing security documents and related reports.
10. Assumes shift lead role in the absence of a Security Coordinator.
Education and Licensure
- High School Diploma/GED
- Non-commissioned Security Officer (TCPS) required within 180 days of assignment.
- One (1) Year of experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work Requires a high standard of personal appearance and grooming which conveys a professional image.
- Work Requires self-initiative and motivation to enable the completion of tasks or projects with minimal supervision.
- Work Requires analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret basic data, prepare routine reports and maintain accurate records.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Motor Vehicle check.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs