Pharmacy Tech II
The posted compensation range of $17.93 - $24.66 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. Operating 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
• Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
• Flexible spending accounts
• Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
• Matching Retirement Programs
• Wellness Programs
Performs duties to ensure activities and regulatory tasks occur on a timely basis and meets appropriate/required guidelines; policies and procedures. Maintains and optimizes the automated dispensing systems and temperature monitoring system. When requested, assists the pharmacist in the preparation of IV admixtures, filling medication requests, and maintaining pharmacy inventory.
- Leadership and advisory role for the pharmacy technician group in areas of work processes and practices, training, schedules, performance standards, continuing education, competency validation, representation at appropriate meetings, and other areas as assigned.
- Coordinate the use of the automated drug distribution system for the pharmacy such as database management, resetting of par and reorder levels, cabinet optimization, coordinating maintenance, service support liaison and other.
- Coordinate the use of the IDS automated dispensing system and temperature monitoring system to assure proper system operation, alarm monitoring and reporting and other.
- Assist the pharmacist in filling medication orders, prescriptions, and pharmacy stock.
- Accurately prepare medications for the pharmacist to check, when appropriate, including appropriate auxiliary labels, in a timely manner.
- Assure that a pharmacist’s final check and signature documentation of all products has occurred when appropriate prior to their delivery.
- Attend promptly to the directives of the pharmacist and supervisory personnel.
- Accurately prepare sterile products in a timely manner, adhering to required aseptic technique at all times.
- Accurately select the appropriate drug product(s) required for the preparation of sterile products and assure that all necessary components are available for final check by the pharmacist.
- May be Responsible for purchasing activities, assisting other areas within the pharmacy as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Registered Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or pharmacy school student intern card
- Aseptic Technique – Complete an ACPE approved 40 hour sterile products course as required by location.
- Two (2) years of hospital pharmacy experience with automated dispensing technology, and/or sterile products.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs