Pharmacy Tech I
The posted compensation range of $16.30 - $22.42 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. Operating 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
• Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
• Flexible spending accounts
• Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
• Matching Retirement Programs
• Wellness Programs
Our Pharmacy Technicians play a vital role in the medication management of our patients. They assist Pharmacists in preparing the pharmaceutical needs of our patients and serve as liaisons between Pharmacists and many medication management systems. Compounding narcotics, pre-packaging tablets, and preparing IV medications are simply a few of the important tasks our Pharmacy Techs complete in order to get our patients what they need. If you are a detail oriented Pharmacy Tech, we want to talk to you.
What you will need:
- Communication - The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people including, patients, Pharmacists and Physicians
- Problem Solving - The ability to problem solve problems with patients, insurance companies and co-workers
- Pay Attention to the small things - The ability to pay attention to details is a highly sought after skill
Minimum Qualifications Pharmacy Tech I:
- Registered Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or pharmacy school student intern card
- Aseptic Technique – Complete an ACPE approved 40 hour sterile products course as required by location
- Previous hospital pharmacy tech expereince preferred but not required
- Every other weekend requirement
- Alternating shifts between days (7am-3:30pm), evenings (2:30pm-11pm), and/or nights (8:30am-7am)
- Minimum of 16 hours per pay period
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs