Nutrition Assistant I
The posted compensation range of $10.07 - $13.41 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an internationally recognized leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology transplantation and more. Our team’s efforts have led to the creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human experience—modeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus represents the future of healthcare through a transformative alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart® Institute and Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives and improve the health of the communities we serve.
- Participates in and supports all aspects of healthcare food service operations.
- Works with facility staff to provide optimal nutritional care and demonstrates excellent customer service to patients, guests and staff.
- Follows healthcare food service industry standards, regulations, guidelines and procedures including monitoring and maintaining food temperatures during cooking, holding, and storage processes.
- Avoids cross contamination of foods and adheres to personal hygiene requirements.
- Maintains proper labeling of food products and ensures storage of food equipment, and machinery per regulations and facility guidelines.
- Prepares and serves food within guidelines of menu and dietary requirements using required kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of recipe ingredients to respond to food allergy questions or requests.
- Follows organizational standards and guidelines for a high quality patient and customer experience.
- Ensures proper meal portioning and an aesthetically pleasing presentation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serving in the retail area
- Assembling, delivering and retrieving patient trays
- Performing cold food prep
- Performing utility assignments (e.g., dish washing, washing pots & pans, maintaining equipment)
- Performing catering functions and or delivering/picking up catered food
- Supporting inventory maintenance duties
- Supports / performs all department tasks as needed, including general cleaning of equipment and work areas (e.g., cleaning the tray line, equipment, coolers, office area, and emptying trash cans, etc.)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current (within the past 12 months) ServSafe® Allergen and Food Handler Certifications. If not currently certified, certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs