Med Technologist Microbiology
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
**Up to $10,000 Relocation assistance available
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance• Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
• Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
• Flexible spending accounts
• Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
• Matching Retirement Programs
• Wellness Programs
Analyzing lab testing is pretty complex. We depend on our MT's knowledge and skills when it comes to evaluating medical lab tests to determine what’s happening with our patients. They are vital to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases. Would you love working in our Microbiology lab in the Texas Medical Center and analyzing results? Join our Baylor St. Luke's lab team today!
What you’ll do:
- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, or spinal, to determine presence of normal or abnormal components
- Collect biological specimens from patients
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer for storage
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology
- Certification as a Medical Technologist – MT (ASCP), or MLS, or AMT, or NCA, or Specialty certification depending on lab section (e.g. M(ASCP) for Microbiology, H(ASCP) for Hematology, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of specialized medical diagnostic laboratory tests and medical terminology in order to perform specialized medical laboratory diagnostic tests
related skills: Lab, ASCP, MLT, MT, Med Tech, Med Technologist, MLS, Medical Lab Technician, Micro, Microbiology, LIS, hospital, compassion, patience, kindness, respect,texasmt, #LABTEXAS, mclabtexas, labtexas
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.