Med Technologist I
The posted compensation range of $25.25 - $36.61 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Medical Technologist for Transfusion Services
***$7,500 Sign-On Bonus and up to $5,000 relocation assistance available***
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an internationally recognized leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology transplantation and more. Our team’s efforts have led to the creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human experience—modeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus represents the future of healthcare through a transformative alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart® Institute and Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives and improve the health of the communities we serve.
Accurately analyzes and report all tests ordered by the Medical Staff in a timely manner to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
1. Performs and results test procedures on patient specimens adhering to the Section’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accurate, timely reporting
2. Ensures that major automated equipment is operational by performing required maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting procedures
3. Performs required Quality Control procedures and Maintains records to ensure tests are being performed within control limits
4. Assists in evaluation of new procedures and equipment to provide the physician with the most current laboratory technology
5. Participates in opportunities for continuing education and/or teaching, training according to the Section Performance Standards to enhance technical skills
6. Responsible for inventory of supplies
7. Adheres to all regulatory requirements
*Certification as a Medical Technologist – MT (ASCP), or MLS, or AMT, or NCA,
*or Specialty certification depending on lab section (e.g. M(ASCP) for Microbiology, H(ASCP) for Hematology, etc.)
*Strong organizational skills
*Ability to communicate with others
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs