Manager Perioperative Svcs
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: CVOR
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an internationally recognized leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology transplantation and more. Our team’s efforts have led to the creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human experience—modeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus represents the future of healthcare through a transformative alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart® Institute and Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives and improve the health of the communities we serve.
Has responsibility and accountability for assigned perioperative services. Manage the delivery of patient care. Major responsibilities include: -- Clinical Management: Ensures the safe and effective delivery of quality nursing care. -- Performance Improvement Research: Ensures compliance with established community standards of care and regulatory bodies. -- Human Resources/Financial Management: Works to maintain a fiscally responsible department including efficient use of staff and resources. -- Communication/Patient-Guest Relations: Provides a caring environment in support of CHI St. Luke's Mission and Values. Proactively strives and Supports excellence in customer satisfaction. -- Professional Practice/Professional Development: Assumes a leadership role in development of a professional practice; empowers staff nurses in clinical decision-making. -- Productivity: Monitors patient flow and staffing efficiencies.
- Responsible for the coordination of patient flow throughout the perioperative services areas from admission to discharge.
- Consults in a variety of patient care situations requiring advanced competency and knowledge.
- Serves as a clinical resource for problem solving and Assists staff with patient related issues.
- Serves as a role model to develop staff competence in the delivery of nursing care.
- Responsible for cost effective operations and initiatives, including product evaluation, prevention of waste & damage, materials management, patient flow, control of overtime, & appropriate staff mix.
- Able to provide safe, quality care directly to a surgical patient as needed.
Continuous Quality Improvement:
- Facilitates unit-based performance enhancement program/projects & follows up with staff & Implements recommendations based on performance measures/outcomes.
- Supports and Participates in unit-based research projects based on performance enhancement data (i.e. infection rates).
Human Resource/Financial Management:
- Promotes philosophy of shared leadership and individual accountability.
- Encourages participation of staff in scheduling assignments and outcomes management.
- Coordinates staffing and Ensures staffing coverage to provide quality patient care within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures cost-effective staff utilization. Assists in reassigning employees as necessary to improve productivity and/or to balance the workload. Evaluates staff and ancillary personnel as a resource consultant.
- Participates in the hiring process to include interviews and personnel recommendations; coaches & counsels staff; completes counseling documentation, as indicated.
- Assists the Director – Perioperative Services with the preparation & maintenance of the unit budget to include staffing responsibility, reviewing financial reports and materials mgmt.
Education and Licensure
*Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 3 years leadership experience or minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the discipline or Master's Degree and no experience.
*Bachelor's degree and minimum of three (3) years leadership experience OR
*Five (5) years of leadership experience in the discipline OR
*Master's Degree with no experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*Specialty certification preferred in area of practice
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Manager Perioperative Svcs at Baylor St Luke's Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started