Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an internationally recognized leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology transplantation and more. Our team’s efforts have led to the creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human experience—modeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus represents the future of healthcare through a transformative alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart® Institute and Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives and improve the health of the communities we serve.
Inventory Specialist duties include management of inventory as it relates to picking products, replenishing, and requisitioning within assigned areas of high value goods, such as Surgical Services, Cath Lab, EP and Imaging. Duties are not limited to the supply room, but extend to all areas of the hospital. Responsible for pulling products for cases as assigned. Monitors and assures inventory levels meet demand tracking usage & setting inventory levels for specific group of products, in support of PAR & Perpetual locations.
- Restocks supplies daily and rotates inventory supporting accurate inventory levels, generating orders/requisitions as needed.
- Distributes medical supplies and equipment to patient care areas.
- Monitors par levels for specific products to assure that appropriate levels are established in order not to affect patient care.
- Identifies excess inventory, returning stock and processing credits; notifies supervisor of outdates or slow moving inventory.
- Participates in the put away and validation process of perpetual inventory items, and issues and credits materials from the inventory management point-of-use system.
- Labels bins and handles requests to change pars; maintains clean and orderly stock locations.
- Works in collaboration with reprocessing resources, leadership, and buyers to optimize usage of reprocessed products; acts as liaison between clinical staff and supply chain management for assigned high value areas, such as Surgical Services, Cath Lab, EP and Imaging.
- Conducts annual inventory count to determine asset value and additional inventories as requested.
- Manages consigned inventory and processes bill-only’s as appropriate.
Education and Licensure
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience of inventory management or other relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, summarizing analysis in reports with minimal supervision.
- Stays on task and meets deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of supply chain applications (e.g., Lawson).
- Knowledge of automated ERP systems and processes.
- Ability to process and present data clearly.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs