Graduate Nurse Residency Summer 2023
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: RN Residency Program
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $33.00 - $52.80 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Graduate nurses are welcomed from all over the country with the next cohort beginning Summer 2023. (Relocation bonus available!) The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is designed to support the new graduate during the transition from the student role to the licensed Registered Nurse (RN) role. The organization is currently offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
Nurse Residency Program - All Houston, Texas area locations including:
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital
- St. Luke's Patients Medical Center - Pasadena
- St. Luke's The Woodlands Hospital
- St. Luke's The Vintage Hospital
- St. Luke's Brazosport - Lake Jackson
All St. Luke's Health nurse residents receive ongoing professional and educational support from a team of education specialists, nursing leaders, preceptors and mentors. Through in-person and virtually-enhanced education and support, your critical thinking skills, evidence-based decision-making skills, engagement, stress management capabilities, and leadership skills will be developed, nurtured, and optimized. Our residency program accelerates nursing competency by providing in-depth experiences, education, and support during the Nurse Resident’s first year. A competency-based curriculum coupled with trained preceptors and active mentorship capitalizes on American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Accreditation design and innovative, contemporary, and evidence-based practices. Newly licensed registered nurses (RNs) are supported by CommonSpirit's National Nurse Residency Program as they transition to practice at one of our facilities. The program consists of a comprehensive, evidence-based clinical orientation in addition to a 12-month transition-to-practice platform.
At the conclusion of the first year in practice, nurse residents report enhanced self-confidence in providing excellent patient care and function with practice that is in alignment with St. Luke's mission, vision and values. Former nurse residents also serve as mentors and unit leaders, sit on a variety of nursing councils and many are seeking advanced degrees and certifications.
Graduate Nurse Resident are responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention, and evaluating patient care outcomes.
- The Nurse Residency Program is open to graduate nurses from an accredited school of nursing with a preferred 3.0 grade point average and less than 12 months of professional nursing experience.
- Minimum nursing degree requirements:
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN) (required)
- St. Luke's Sugar Land, St. Luke's Patients Medical Center, St. Luke's Woodlands, St. Luke's Vintage, and St. Luke's Brazosport
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) (required) or Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN) (preferred)
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Successfully passed the NCLEX before the Summer 2023 start date with an unencumbered license from the Texas Board of Nursing.
Please include a PDF resume and current transcripts (unofficial) as part of your application.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
- Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs and much more!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Graduate Nurse Residency Summer 2023 at St Luke's Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started