Emergency Services Nurse Manager
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
St. Luke's Health - The Vintage is currently looking for an ED leader with a proven track record in leading, collaborating, and process improvement such as metrics and throughput in a fast growing Emergency Department.
- St Luke's - the Vintage is in the process of persuing trauma designation
- Located in the heart of the Vintage Park area
- A generous Relocation Package is available for qualified individuals
As our Nurse Manager of Emergency Services at St. Luke’s Health – The Vintage, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, you’ll oversee a department of frontline nurses and act as the conduit between these caregivers and leadership teams. You will communicate the organization’s goals to the nursing staff as we constantly seek to improve patient experiences, reach out to our community, and deliver quality care. At the same time, you will advocate for your team by bringing any issues, requests, or new ideas from them to leadership.
To thrive in this role, you must be competent and confident. Utilizing your excellent communication skills one-on-one and in front of groups, you will tackle tough conversations and, above all, be an educator at heart. Every interaction is an opportunity to share your knowledge with others and improve their understanding of a patient’s needs, the needs of the nursing staff, or the needs of the organization.
St. Lukes Health–The Vintage Hospital provides high-quality compassionate care for residents of the Willowbrook Champions and Tomball areas of Northwest Houston. With the resources of the St. Luke’s Health system we are able to deliver the most advanced care available to our Northwest Houston community. The Vintage Hospital offers the latest in diagnostic and surgical expertise including heart care women’s health and orthopedics. We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 139 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
The Manager of Emergency services will be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and maintaining initiatives for the department. Responsible for the management of clinical nursing practices and patient care delivery within in the emergency department. Role functions include managing human, fiscal, material, support, and systems resources while achieving and maintaining the department's goals by focusing on the unit or department's daily operations. Demonstrates a high level of integrity and willingness to take on new challenges and prioritizes associate engagement. Consistently promotes a positive work environment by being visible and available to all staff and customers. Supports associate development needs with an emphasis on evidence-based practice and education.
- Oversee a department of nurses, ensuring everyone has what they need to deliver the best care possible to our patients.
- Engage with the floor. Talk to the nurses, the patients, and families. Keep your finger on the pulse of your department so you can keep things running smoothly.
- Attend meetings with leadership to learn about new initiatives, budgetary status, areas for improvement, etc., and bring this information back to your team of nurses.
- Monitor attendance among nursing staff, watching for any patterns of missed shifts which may need addressing.
- Monitor productivity and efficiency of your department, including budgets. We want to achieve the best throughput while never compromising on care.
- Mentor people on your team. Share your knowledge and confidence with assistant nurse managers, charge nurses, and others. Build them into potential nurse managers like yourself.
- Bachelor's Degree and Registered Nurse (Texas RN License)
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 3 years clinical leadership experience or minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the discipline or Master's Degree and no experience.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Emergency Services Nurse Manager at St Luke's Health - The Vintage Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started