Emergency Room Technician
St. Lukes Health–The Vintage Hospital provides high-quality compassionate care for residents of the Willowbrook Champions and Tomball areas of Northwest Houston. With the resources of the St. Luke’s Health system we are able to deliver the most advanced care available to our Northwest Houston community. The Vintage Hospital offers the latest in diagnostic and surgical expertise including heart care women’s health and orthopedics.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
- Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
- Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
The Emergency Room Technician supports the delivery of safe, cost-efficient patient care in the Emergency Department by performing a variety of helpful Functions as delegated by the RN or Physician. Performs selected diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures. Provides assistance in transporting, transferring, lifting, and manual assistance with patient care. The function Performs general clerical support to the unit, as well as Performs cleaning Functions in patient care unit.
- Provides direct patient care as delegated by the RN and Medical Staff. Monitors and records vital signs, observes patients' physical, mental, and emotional condition and reports any changes to the nursing or medical staff.
- Provides indirect patient care. Escorting patient to the exam room. Performs and documents general therapeutic/diagnostic measures. Acts as transporter. Assists with updating the Emergency Department Tracking Board/Care Manager (EDTB).
- Acts as unit clerk; Utilizes hospital information systems according to the hospital policy. Discharges patients and enters charges for patients in a timely matter. Utilizes the EDTB to improve patient flow. Performs order data entry as assigned by the nurse or physician.
- Communicates with patients, family, physicians, other departments, unit personnel, and peers in an accurate, courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, nursing staff, and Emergency Department in accordance with the team performance expectations.
Education and Licensure
- High School Diploma/GED
- One (1) year of previous patient care experience
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs