Director Cath Lab
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cath Lab
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $54.12 - $78.47 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an internationally recognized leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology transplantation and more. Our team’s efforts have led to the creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human experience—modeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus represents the future of healthcare through a transformative alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart® Institute and Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives and improve the health of the communities we serve.
Major responsibilities are for the Director of Cath Lab:
1. Clinical Management: Ensures the effective delivery of nursing care.
2. Performance Improvement Research: Ensures compliance with established quality standards.
3. Human Resources/Financial Management: Manages staff productively, budget development and monitoring of financial performance.
4. Communication/Patient‐Guest Relations: Provides a caring environment in support of CHI St. Luke's mission and values.
Proactively strives and Supports excellence in patient and employee satisfaction.
5. Professional Practice/Professional Development: Assumes a leadership role in development of a professional practice; empowers staff nurses in clinical decision‐making.
6.Productivity: Monitors patient flow and staffing efficiencies.
1. Coordinates patient flow.
2. Consults in patient care situations requiring advanced competency & knowledge Serves as clinical resource for
problem solving and Assists staff with patient‐related issues and emergency situations
3. Acts as liaison and collaborates with other departments, physicians and patient care services to facilitate care
progression and ensure quality nursing care
4. Serves as a role model to develop staff competence in the delivery of nursing care based on national professional
5. Recognizes noncompliance and demonstrates correct application of hospital policy and procedures Responsible for
cost effective operations and initiatives
6. Facilitates unit‐based performance enhancement program/projects
7. Follows up with staff and Implements recommendations based on performance measures Investigates and follows up
on incident reports and patient concerns
8. Ensures compliance with DNV and other accreditation standards
9. Ensures staffing coverage to provide quality patient care and budget adherence
10. Oversees staff and orientees assignments in collaboration with preceptors
11. Observes and documents clinical competency of staff Ensures cost‐effective staff utilization
12. Assists in reassigning employees as necessary to improve productivity and balance workload
13. Oversees hiring process of all Clinical staff, including interviews and personnel recommendations; coaches/counsels
staff; completes counseling documentation
14. Completes annual performance appraisals, providing verbal and written feedback for employee evaluations
15. Assists VP Cardiology Service Line with budget
16. Conducts staff meetings to optimize communications
17. Projects and promotes positive image of nursing internally and to public
18. Maintains positive communication w/ patients, families, staff, physicians, and other depts.
19 Attends education conferences and designated mgmt. meetings
20. Assists staff in completion of yearly goals
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree AND either an RN license or
licensure/certification in a related Imaging Field.
*Five (5) years leadership experience
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training:
Specialty Certification preferred in area of practice
for internal use:
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Director Cath Lab at Baylor St Luke's Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started