The posted compensation range of $14.08 - $19.36 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Memorial Hospital now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. We offer the following benefits to support you and your family: On-site childcare with extended hours Care@Work premium account for additional support with children pets dependent adults and household needs Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family Paid Time Off (PTO) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Flexible spending accounts Voluntary Protection: Group Accident Critical Illness and Identify Theft Adoption Assistance Tuition Assistance for career growth and development Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs Wellness Program Additional incentives for eligible full time day shift and night shift opportunities
This position is responsible for providing nursing care and support to patients under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in a defined care team and in accordance with assigned tasks. An incumbent assumes responsibility, implementation and documentation of the delegated and/or supervised cares of all assigned patients according to established procedures.
Employees work as instructed and seek guidance on matters or tasks not specifically covered in original instructions. Care for patients with a variety of acute to critical medical/surgical problems ranging from neonates to geriatrics a various developmental levels. Patients are from both traditional and nontraditional family structures with a variety of sociocultural and educational backgrounds.
- Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort within assigned tasks, including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making, ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, enemas, skin care and bowel/bladder elimination. Provides such additional care as required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned patient
based on skill, ability, and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations.
- Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical activities within assigned tasks. Observes and reports changes in patient condition to the RN.
- Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or patient bed.
- Provides patient information to nursing staff for inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
- Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Orders, stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
- Participates in quality assurance/improvement initiatives and activities. Participates in growth opportunities.
- Actively participates in ongoing education and orientation to the role of an RN, remaining within scope at all times.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a full time Nursing (Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse) program
Required Licenseure & Certification:
- BLS within 30 days of hire
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs