Sr Med Technologist
The posted compensation range of $37.05 - $53.72 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As the community’s only not-for-profit faith-based healthcare system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3400 employees will continue the Sisters’ mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member of Dignity Health one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems a 22-state network of more than 9000 physicians 60000 employees and 400 care centers including hospitals urgent and occupational care imaging and surgery centers home health and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Under the direction of the Supervisor Manager Director and Medical Director the Senior Medical Technologist performs technical supervision and clinical testing in one or more of the following areas: blood bank chemistry hematology / urinalysis / coagulation microbiology / serology or Point of Care testing. The Sr. Technologist obtains or receives specimens performs laboratory tests according to written procedures understands methods and principles performs and evaluates quality control on a daily basis and informs the Supervisor or Manager of problems. The Sr. Technologist ensures preventive maintenance on instrumentation is completed according to scheduled guidelines and interprets results as to their accuracy acceptability and critical limits and informs the physician/nurse of critical values.
- The Sr. Technologist is also responsible for coordinating instruction and documentation on new employees and students coordinates employee evaluations and competency testing for responsible section.
- S/he will be scheduled for on-call technologist coverage to meet department scheduling needs.
- Must have three (3) years as Medical Technologist.
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology or related field of study.
- Able to work independently read and analyze technical material and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess highly effective communication and relationship interpersonal skills.
- Maintains knowledge related to POC within the State of Nevada CLIA JCAHO and the CAP.
- Maintain reliable transportation for limited travel between hospitals and Urgent Care locations.
- CT MEDTECHI = Cert Medical Technologist.
- LIC MTGS = Licensed Medical Technologist General Supervisor.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs