Physician Assistant Neurosurgery Ortho
As the community’s only not-for-profit, faith-based health care system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow, Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3,400 employees will continue the Sisters’ mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 60,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The Neurosurgery Orthopedic Physician Assistant (PA) will function as a member of the Surgery Team and act under the supervision of an approved supervising physician.
- The incumbent will provide care and guidance to patients, take history and perform physical examinations.
- This position assists during procedures within the scope of practice: in closing major and minor incisions, records post-op orders and follow-up progress notes as required, and assists in the transport and care of patients from the operating room to the recovery room or intensive care unit.
- Duties include: visiting patients daily to evaluate, observe and answer questions; give patients post-operative discharge instructions; and assist in discharge planning.
- The incumbent administers physician's prescriptions and treatments for patients, and performs prescribed therapeutic procedures.
- The incumbent participates in collection and abstraction of data for registry reports, as requested, and provides input on performance improvement strategies. C
- all responsibilities are required for this position.
- Master's Degree
- Graduate from a program approved by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Additional education may be required for some specialty areas.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician
- 5 - 9 years experience in the surgical setting
- CT PA = Physician Assistant - State; Successful credential process with the Dignity Health St Rose Dominican Medical Staff; must meet requirements as set forth by the bylaws. Current licensure to practice as a physician assistant issued by the Nevada Board of Medicine.
- Physician Assistant (PA) may provide only those services for which he or she is specifically authorized.
- May not admit patients to the hospital.
- May provide services consistent with the policies stated herein to patients of the medical staff member(s) with whom he or she has a documented formal affiliation.
- This position requires on-call responsibilities.
- 10 years as a Physician Assistant for neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, and general surgery procedures in acute care setting through the preop, intraop, and post-op phases of care.
- Experience with surgical instruments and surgical techniques that are used for neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.