Phys Asst Neurosurgery Ortho
The posted compensation range of 56.83 - 82.40 is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Are you a Physician Assistant with more than five years of experience in neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery and general surgery procedures?
As the community’s only not-for-profit faith-based healthcare system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3400 employees will continue the Sisters’ mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member of Dignity Health one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems a 22-state network of more than 9000 physicians 60000 employees and 400 care centers including hospitals urgent and occupational care imaging and surgery centers home health and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, and more!
The Neurosurgery Orthopedic Physician Assistant (PA) will function as a member of the Surgery Team
and act under the supervision of an approved supervising physician. The incumbent will provide care
and guidance to patients, take history and perform physical examinations. This position assists during
procedures within the scope of practice: in closing major and minor incisions, records post-op orders
and follow-up progress notes as required, and assists in the transport and care of patients from the
operating room to the recovery room or intensive care unit. Duties include: visiting patients daily to
evaluate, observe and answer questions; give patients post-operative discharge instructions; and assist
in discharge planning. The incumbent administers physician's prescriptions and treatments for patients,
and performs prescribed therapeutic procedures. The incumbent participates in collection and
abstraction of data for registry reports, as requested, and provides input on performance improvement
strategies. Call responsibilities are required for this position.
- Five to Nine years experience in the surgical setting
- Master's Degree
- Graduate from a program approved by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Additional education may be required for some specialty areas.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Surgical First Assist Certification required
- CT PA - Physician Assistant - Current licensure to practice as a physician assistant issued by the Nevada Board of Medicine
- Successful credential process with the Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican Medical Staff
- Must meet requirements as set forth by the bylaws
- This position requires on-call responsibilities
- Ten years as a Physician Assistant for neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery and general surgery procedures in acute care setting through the preop, intraop, and post-op phases of care.
- Experience with surgical instruments and surgical techniques that are used for neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery
- CT CPRBLS = CT-AHA-Basic Life Support-Nat'l
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs