Nurse Emergency Services
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
5k Sign On Bonus
As the community’s only not-for-profit, faith-based health care system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow, Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3,400 employees will continue the Sisters’ mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 60,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The Siena Emergency Department is a 56 bed ED with 11 beds designated to pediatric emergency care with board certified pediatric doctors. We are a Level III trauma center, a pediatric designated facility as well as a stroke designated facility. We have an ED clinical educator to keep staff up to date with the science of emergency care, like hypothermia treatment status post cardiac arrest. We see over 60,000 patients a year and have 4 Triage bays as well as a rapid treatment area.
- In the Emergency Room, the emergency nurse initiates and documents accurate and ongoing assessment of physical and psychosocial concerns of patients seeking treatment.
- This assessment is a series of systematic, organized and deliberate actions that identifies and obtains data pertaining to the patient and is the basis for the determination of health or illness.
- Medical/clinical knowledge, technical and clinical skills, clinical judgment, interpersonal skills and communication as indicated in the current Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals are essential components of nursing practice.
- All registered nurses practice within the scopes and standards of practice set forth by the American Nurses Association.
- Additional Professional Organizations may be referenced when appropriate to guide practice and standards within the work place.
- This position is represented by CNA and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- One (1) year experience as an RN in an Emergency Department or successful completion of applicable clinical and didactic SRDH specialty training course(s) or program.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- RN = Registered Nurse license from the State of NV Nursing Board.
- CT Stroke
- CT CPRBLS - Basic Life Support - AHA
- CT CPRACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support - AHA
- CT CPRPALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support - AHA within 6 months of hire.
- TNCC = Trauma Nurse Core Course within 6 months of hire.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Certification in specialty area.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Emergency Services at St Rose Dominican - Siena
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started