Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical ICU
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The Registered Nurse (RN), within their scope of practice, is responsible to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care to a designated group of healthcare consumers across the continuum. Provides services which encompass the spiritual, physiological, social, and psychological aspects of care of the sick, prevention of disease, or conservation of health. The position contributes to the mission and core values of CHI Health.
- Follow the nursing process which includes: assess, plan, implement, and evaluate. The nursing process is an ongoing process that can end at any stage.
- Assessment - Demonstrates a systematic, dynamic way to collect and analyze the following healthcare consumer data including: psychological, physiological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic and lifestyle factors
- Plan – Sets measurable and achievable short and long term goals according to standards of care based on the assessment by the nurse in collaboration with the healthcare consumer and multidisciplinary team.
- Implement – Implements and/or modifies the plan of care using assessment data, clinical reasoning based upon standards of care and evidence based practice. This includes care coordination, education and discharge planning. The nurse is accountable for the care directly, indirectly or through delegation. Professional and legal standards for delegation must be followed.
- Evaluate – Uses a systematic ongoing process to evaluate progress towards identified healthcare consumer goals. Revision of plan of care when needed involving the healthcare consumer and the multidisciplinary team.
- Documents all phases of the nursing process in the healthcare consumer’s record.
- Demonstrates personal and professional responsibility for ongoing development, practice, and education. Maintains a safe work environment. Fosters a collaborative environment in support of the nursing profession.
- Active RN licensure in the state of Nebraska, Iowa, or nurse licensure compact.
- Basic life support is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Basic Life Support.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful ICU RN at CHI Health Saint Francis
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started