Charge RN I
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical / Surgical / Orthopedics
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
CHI Health St. Francis was established in Grand Island Neb. in 1887. Today our hospital is a regional referral center with more than 100 physicians and more than 1100 employees working together to build a healthier community. Our goal is to provide patients with high-quality medical care close to home where they can be supported by their family friends and community.
Contributes to the fulfillment of the CHI Health Mission and Vision by implementing and maintaining programs, adhering to policies, and patient care delivery standards of care in assigned departments. Leads the delivery of patient care services on the shift to assure patient-centered care needs are met and quality, cost-effective care is delivered. Serves as a behavioral role model and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles. Acts as a nursing clinical subject matter expert.
Human Resources Management
- Functions as a mentor and coach.
- Assists with preparation of unit schedules.
- Establishes daily work plans for team of employees.
- Schedules staff for attendance at and completion of mandatory education.
- Maintains current staff certifications per regulatory requirements.
- Guides peer interviewing process in the selection of unit staff.
- Provides input and feedback to the nurse manager in regards to team performance management.
- Assists in development and achievement of departmental budgets and goals.
- Assists with payroll activities such as monitoring timekeeping.
- Effectively manages material and supply usage.
- Assists in communicating a shared vision, mission and values within the department.
- Facilitates ongoing problem solving that utilizes Department PI to achieve desired quality outcomes.
- Conducts on-the-job training and education on topics such as quality and patient satisfaction.
- Accountable for patient/physician satisfaction, leading process improvement efforts/measures
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care according to established standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintains and supports an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, teamwork and continual improvement of staff.
- Helps facilitate the flow of information to staff through numerous channels and opportunities.
- Communicates clearly what is expected of others, and addresses issues in an objective manner.
- Maintains ongoing compliance with regulatory standards through patient rounding, EOC (environment of care) rounding, and physician rounding.
- Maintains knowledge and competence in areas of management and clinical practice.
- Demonstrates flexibility from management to clinical.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance clinical/management experience.
- Serves as a clinical resource in area of specialty.
- Role models Clinical and professional excellence.
- Graduate of a RN nursing program.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska or Iowa, Nebraska and Iowa are compact states, license must be in the state of your residence.
- Basic Life Support is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Basic Life Support.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Charge RN I at CHI Health Saint Francis?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started