Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Psych Acute Adult
- Hours/Pay Period: 12
The posted compensation range of $72.57 - $72.57 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1926 Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center is a 334-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Glendale California. The hospital offers a full complement of services including its award winning heart center the colorectal surgery institute a gastrointestinal program and is a Los Angeles County approved primary stroke center. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/glendalememorial for more information.
As a Psychiatric Nurse at Glendale Memorial Medical Center now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health you’ll help our patients and their families feel comfortable and educated when they’re making significant healthcare decisions. Our patient population needs hands-on nursing to be able to identify patient needs when they are not able to articulate what they are experiencing.
You’ll build trust in these interactions by advocating supporting and educating your patients and their families. Your success in this role comes from your empathy and patience to help others during a vulnerable time in their lives. You’ll get to be involved in patient improvement that can take a patient from disorientation to opening up and sharing their personality.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision FSA matching retirement plans paid vacation adoption assistance and more.
- You’ll routinely conduct rounds physical assessments of patients and med pass during your shift to diagnose the medical and emotional status of patients.
- You’re interacting with the patients throughout your shift so you’ll be the eyes and ears to notice any difference in patient health and behavior. You’ll be responsible for alerting the physician of any changes you notice.
- We encourage a communal patient population so you can expect to interact with patients in a group setting and lead therapeutic group meetings with them as scheduled. You’ll also coordinate and work with the activities director for our unit.
- We provide an important education component for patients and their caregivers so you’ll be expected to thoroughly explain diagnosis and plans for ongoing treatment to patients
- 1 year of acute care Behavioral Health experience required.
- Current California license as a Registered Nurse.
- BCLS/ACLS Required
- Position is represented by CNA.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Psych at Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started