Psychiatric Evaluation Team RN
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Psychiatric Acute-Adult
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $11.85 - $15.77 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1926 Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center is a 334-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Glendale California. The hospital offers a full complement of services including its award winning heart center the colorectal surgery institute a gastrointestinal program and is a Los Angeles County approved primary stroke center. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/glendalememorial for more information.
The Psychiatric Evaluation Team RN is an authorized Registered Nurse having completed all requirements for Los Angeles County LPS designation to evaluate and/or place mentally disordered persons from surrounding communities meeting criteria for Involuntary Hospitalization on 5150 Holds to Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center for 72-hour emergency intervention.
- Will work ON CALL, 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week.
- Performs clinical assessments of patients; evaluates mental status, psychiatric, drug history and other psychosocial needs and makes appropriate recommendations for disposition.
- Contacts families/placements if appropriate to assist with assessment. Reviews recommendations with appropriate psychiatrist before determining disposition.
- Communicates with treatment team staff on each evaluation prior to dispositioning the patient to either inpatient or outpatient status. Continues to maintain effective communication with treatment team staff as appropriate throughout the process of evaluation and disposition.
- Documents all evaluations, 72-hour holds, treatment plans and continuing care plans in standardized format and according to established policies and procedures, LPS criteria, and California mental health statutes. Documents in medical record appropriately.
- Minimum 3 year Mental/Behavioral Health experience required
- Los Angeles County Lanterman-Petris Short (LPS) certification required
- Graduate of Accredited RN school of Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current California license required
- Minimum 1 year acute care registered nursing experience in Med/Surg preferred
- Current AHA BLS required
- Current certification in psychiatric nursing or alcohol and drug abuse counseling and Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB) or Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training preferred
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Psychiatric Evaluation Team RN at Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started