Emergency Services Nurse Glendale
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: AZ General Hospital - Glendale (Camelback & 83rd Ave) Emergency Room
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
As an ER Nurse at Arizona General Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiative and Dignity Health, you’ll be the first touchpoint to the people in our community during health emergencies.
No two days in emergency nursing are ever the same. You’re a multitasker who can react quickly as you’ll prioritize patients based on their medical necessity while you’re providing emergency triage to others. As part of our ER team, you’ll partner with an experienced clinical team to deliver stabilizing care to our patients by performing IV starts, foley catheter insertions, or aiding providers with chest tube insertions.
To thrive as an ER nurse, you should exhibit teamwork, professionalism, critical thinking skills, and a willingness to take on additional projects such as patient experience initiatives. More than anything, you should be energetic and motivated to provide quality care to all of our patients, maintaining their dignity at every step.
We believe our health shouldn’t depend on our zip code, economic status, or the color of our skin. CommonSpirit is acting to address systemic inequities experienced by Black, indigenous, people of color, LGBTQ, and other underserved communities. Joining us means you are committed to positively impacting the lives of others - doing what you already do best.
If you are committed to social justice and health equity–and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us. CommonSpirit Health is guided by a strong, diverse team of experienced, mission-driven healthcare leaders, devoted to building the next generation of healthcare workers.
- Provides oversight of the activities on a nursing unit during a specific shift, including serving as a resource to staff, directing patient flow, assuring appropriate utilization of resources and providing oversight for the provisions of quality care in a manner satisfying to patients.
- Use emergency triage protocol to intake, discharge or admit patients.
- Deliver stabilizing care to emergency patients of all ages as part of the larger ER team, adapting care to changes in patient’s condition as needed.
- Use knowledge of cultural differences to provide patient care that is sensitive to and consistent with cultural values, beliefs, and customs. Document the nursing care plan and changes in the patient's condition.
- Engage in other activities that will benefit patient outcomes, such as patient experience initiatives, mentoring, etc.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more.
- ADN: Associate’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing college or program
- Active RN license, including eNLC licensure, in good standing with the Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Previous experience in emergency nursing
- Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association:
- Basic (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac (ACLS)
- Pediatric (PALS)
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Emergency Services Nurse Glendale at Arizona General Hospital - Laveen
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started