CNA Patient Care Assistant
The posted compensation range of $23.79 - $23.79 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1926 Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center is a 334-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Glendale California. The hospital offers a full complement of services including its award winning heart center the colorectal surgery institute a gastrointestinal program and is a Los Angeles County approved primary stroke center. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/glendalememorial for more information.
As a Patient Care Assistant, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, you’ll help our patients feel safer and more comfortable by assisting with their basic daily life activities.
Your success in this role comes from your genuine desire to help patients feel better, whether that means giving them fresh bed linens or checking their vitals. You’re diligent about your tasks, observant of patients’ conditions improving or declining, and accept coaching well. You know we’re all continuously trying to become better care providers, and you’re eager to learn.
- Check-in with the outgoing CNA's at the beginning of your shift to get a report on your patients.
- Conduct hourly rounds on patients, checking vitals, maintaining whiteboard information, and assisting with care as needed.
- Assist patients with ambulating as necessary. This may mean helping them reach a recliner in their room, walk to the bathroom, or down the hall.
- Assist patients with hygiene needs. This can include a full bed bath, an assisted bed bath, or retrieving towels and soap for ambulatory patients.
- Help the nurse with tube insertions such as an NG tube, rectal tube, or catheter. You may be holding a cup of water, holding the patient or providing the nurse with supplies as needed, and cleaning up after.
- Change bed linens, check patients’ weight, other tasks as assigned each day.
- Preferred acute care or long term care experience.
- Ability to complete job related communication and arithmetic testing.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support card (AMERICAN HEART)
- Current California Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) Certificate.
- Represented by CHEU.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs