Clinical Educator RN
|Dignity Health one of the nation’s largest health care systems is a 22-state network of more than 9000 physicians 63000 employees and 400 care centers including hospitals urgent and occupational care imaging and surgery centers home health and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17 Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charitable care and community services. For more information please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.|
Job Summary / Purpose
This position will act as a clinical educator and content expert for Care Coordination (CC) staff and leaders across
CommonSpirit Health acute hospitals. This position will assist with the design and implementation of onboarding,
educational content and training for newly hired and current staff and leaders to ensure they are knowledgeable about
CommonSpirit Health workflow processes, regulatory requirements, respective roles and related competencies. Specific
educational content developed will include how to use essential clinical applications and how to perform essential job
functions and competencies. This position will rely heavily on the ability to independently and proficiently use
technology, manage classrooms of people, as well as the ability to communicate and present professionally in order to
effectively teach in person and remotely. Upon request this position will also serve as a staff and leadership
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the design and delivery of onboarding/education for newly hired Care Coordination staff and leaders to ensure they are knowledgeable about CommonSpirit Health Care Coordination processes - including how to use clinical applications (technology); how to perform essential job functions; respective roles and related competencies.
- Initiate, coordinate, design, and implement education for staff and leaders which supports their ongoing professional development, evidenced-based patient-centered care delivery model, and patient care across the healthcare continuum. Education and staff development programs will be designed with a goal to enhance patient experience, reduce readmissions, prevent unnecessary admissions / ED visits, and support improved utilization of resources along the care continuum. Educational efforts will be aimed at helping to ensure an empowered, knowledgeable workforce while ensuring a plan of care for patients in all stages of health, efficient resource utilization, quality outcomes, and optimized reimbursement.
- Develop, implement, and maintain current state of the art educational material for staff to use (hard copy, electronic copy, in-person and electronic materials including PowerPoint, e-learning, and video materials) to assist staff in the use of electronic clinical applications and other key work functions for a variety of end users (e.g. entry level, advanced clinical staff, physicians and leaders). Adjust training material and timing to support product releases and regular workflow modifications.
- Be an expert resource to CommonSpirit Health staff, departments and entities as it relates to Care Coordination activities, processes, workflows, and efforts.
- Help to manage projects, timelines, implementation, and system design for new clinical applications, new workflows, processes, and policies. This includes assisting with the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of education and related tools for Care Coordination processes and workflows.
- Use current research, resources, and tools in the identification of best practices and performance improvement strategies.
- Collaborate with outside vendors (e.g. naviHealth, Cerner,) to implement and maintain up-to-date Care Coordination education on related applications and products.
- Support change and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals/objectives /process improvement activities across the organization.
- Perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provide all customers of CommonSpirit Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating core values and leadership behaviors.
Additional Job Functions:
- Support and assist in planning and coordinating training sessions, annual conferences, projects, and team meetings as requested. Perform short and long-term educational planning and develop related programs as appropriate.
- Participate in team meetings and seminars as requested to keep current with policy, procedure, and regulatory changes.
- Lead committees, work groups and/or projects related to the implementation of educational activities.
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects as requested
- Requires an expert level proficiency in Care Coordination attained with 5+ years of inpatient experience.
- Requires extensive knowledge in the areas of case management, utilization management, and/or social services.
- Must have a working knowledge of hospital and/or post-acute care operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources.
- A minimum of 2 years of education as well as minimum 2 years of management experience is required (or equivalent combination of education and management experience).
- Bachelor’s degree RN or;
- Master of Social Work
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent leadership skills and an ability to interact well across departments, facilities and organizations
- Executive presence
- Excellent organizational, human relations and communication skills to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Advanced experience in developing instructional material in a wide variety of media and format
- Experience in holding a variety of educational sessions including one-on-one, classroom settings, and web-based training programs
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively.
- Ability to improvise, lead and continue to deliver content when technical difficulties arise.
- Demonstrated ability to actively engage, educate, inspire and positively impact a virtual audience of learners.
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation
- Capable of planning and organizing projects with short notice.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with office related applications (e.g. Google Workspace).
A compensation range of $93,000 - $120,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs