Located in the Phoenix Ariz. suburb of Gilbert the Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is a 198-bed not-for profit hospital with more than 1300 employees and almost 900 doctors on staff representing all major specialties. In 2014 Phoenix Children’s Hospital launched a 22-bed pediatric unit inside the hospital. Mercy Gilbert opened in 2006 and has been a vital part of the growing community. Today it is the fifth largest employer in Gilbert. During the fiscal year ending June 30 2016 Mercy Gilbert provided more than $24 million in community benefit. As a result of Dignity Health’s mission to deliver health care and partner with the community more than 42000 people in the East Valley were reached through community health services. For more information visit: https://www.dignityhealth.org/arizona/locations/mercygilbert.
- Maintain high standard of quality utilizing knowledge of hot food preparation in terms of method, technique, seasoning, gourmet and therapeutic diets.
- Prepares hot foods with emphasis on quality, portion control and production levels to eliminate waste.
- Participates in hot food preparation for catering.
- Utilize standardized recipes.
- Demonstrates effective utilization of time in relation to preparation.
- Organizes work with emphasis on preparation under the guidance of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Participates in maintaining high standards of sanitation and safety in terms of equipment handling and preparation of food.
- Medical Coverage - The Dignity Health Arizona Preferred Plan is a “no premium” plan for employees
- Dental Plans - There are three dental plans to choose from to include a “no premium” plan!
- Vision Plans
- Tuition Assistance Program - $5,250 for full-time employees and $2,625 for part-time employees
- Student Loan Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Up to 24 days per year
- Paid Holidays - Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for paid holidays
Two years experience in hot food preparation required.
- This position requires the knowledge and abilities in institutional food production normally acquired with two or more years of similar work experience in production cooking, plus a solid understanding of cooking principles, menu substitutions and modified recipes for all commonly prescribed diets. Must have skills and demonstrated abilities in hot food production and the use of all required commercial kitchen equipment. Must be able to learn and follow established policies and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, communicate effectively, perform math calculations regarding recipe weights and amounts plus calculate amounts of food for necessary production.
- Food Handler's card
- HS Diploma/GED
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs