Nurse Manager Temporary
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Temporary
- Department: SNF Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $37.43 - $52.87 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since opening in 1952, CHI St. Alexius Health Garrison has been dedicated to serving the residents of Garrison, ND and the surrounding rural communities. CHI St. Alexius Health includes the Garrison Hospital and the Garrison Family Clinic. CHI St. Alexius Health Garrison includes the services of a 22-bed CAH, a 28-bed skilled nursing facility, an attached rural health clinic, and a newly remodeled emergency department that is available 24 hours a day. We offer many outpatient services, including physical therapy, radiology services, laboratory services, cardiac rehabilitation, and IV treatments.
Job Summary / Purpose
Contributes to the fulfillment of the CHI Health Mission and Vision by planning, organizing, implementing, and maintaining initiatives for the inpatient, emergency department, and skilled nursing facility. Additional areas supported include but not limited to the following: case management and social work, quality, and infection prevention. Serves as a behavior role model and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Oversees the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocates and directs staffing needs to meet patient, unit and Hospital needs, and collaborates with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manages performance including: goal-setting, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Monitors and oversee patient engagement, growth, quality initiatives and patient safety for multiple departments, utilizing regulatory and organizational knowledge and policy for multiple areas as separate functions.
- Coordinates and manages operating systems, operational standardization, service standards and communication methods in line with system policies and processes.
- Ensures optimal utilization of department resources within guidelines set forth through capital and operational budget planning, implementation of practices that achieve defined objectives, and benchmark data.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, federal, state and agency laws, regulations, guidelines and/or professional standards.
- Provides high quality services at reasonable costs by managing programs, policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility. Monitors and ensures implementation of evidence-based clinical standards of nursing practice.
- Works closely with multiple disciplines to coordinate delivery of high quality care.
Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Director – Required Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Required. Current Registered Nurse License in North Dakota. North Dakota is a compact state, so license must be held in the state of your residence.
BLS certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR/PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED,” and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. ACLS, PALS, and TNCC required upon hire.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Manager Temporary at CHI St Alexius Garrison?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started