The posted compensation range of $19.80 - $26.48 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since opening in 1952, CHI St. Alexius Health Garrison has been dedicated to serving the residents of Garrison, ND and the surrounding rural communities. CHI St. Alexius Health includes the Garrison Hospital and the Garrison Family Clinic. CHI St. Alexius Health Garrison includes the services of a 22-bed CAH, a 28-bed skilled nursing facility, an attached rural health clinic, and a newly remodeled emergency department that is available 24 hours a day. We offer many outpatient services, including physical therapy, radiology services, laboratory services, cardiac rehabilitation, and IV treatments.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
Performs routine analytical laboratory tests to aid in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of disease, using appropriate personal protective equipment and safety techniques. Performs quality control and maintenance on the instruments, assists in orientation and teaching, other functions as assigned. Performs venous, arterial, and capillary blood collection procedures. Recognizes those results to avoid erroneous reports, reports critical values according to protocol.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize professional training and experience to draw blood specimens from patients of all ages served and rotates with staff
- Perform QC per departmental policy
- Perform maintenance on instruments per departmental policy
- Perform Proficiency testing on rotating basis with staff
- Report panic values to nursing/providers within 15 minutes of result completion
- Resolve problems involving specimen collection, analyzer errors and abnormal results by performing reruns, redrawing patients and calling Kebocom for tech support.
- Report to hospital within 20 minutes while on call
- Perform calibration as needed and 6 month calibration on required analyzers
- Supply inventory for lab kept at usable level with inventory ordered when needed so not STAT orders need to be made and supplies to not outdate.
- Perform routine analytical lab tests using automated and manual procedures accurately and reports results to providers using LIS, fax, or telephone within 1 hour of specimen receipt.
- Keep all records for State Health Inspection in an orderly fashion and available for review.
Education: Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Microbiology. Also requires Certification from a National Certifying Agency (ASCP or NCA), and a State of ND license as a medical technologist.
Experience: Clinical Experience preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs