Social Worker MSW
Current Incentives for qualifying external Social Worker MSWs with a 1 year commitment.
Up to a $5,000 Sign on Bonus (prorated by FTE - min 0.6 FTE required); Lump sum payment within 30 days of start.
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
This full time Social Worker MSW position will work day shift hours, and every other weekend and occasional holidays will be required.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for assessing and providing support and intervention for the social and emotional needs of patients and their families to promote continuity of care and services. Work involves professional activities such as psycho-social assessment, mental health screening and referral, crisis intervention, environmental assistance, patient advocacy, after-care planning and others of similar scope and complexity, depending on the assigned work unit.
This job exists in multiple locations, assignments may include coverage at multiple locations and settings, and while there may be minor differences in job content, they are not significant for classification purposes. Overall, the nature of the work and job requirements are consistent between locations.
1) If assigned to Behavioral Health or Emergency Services, duties also include mental health assessment and evaluation.
2) Employees assigned to the Emergency Department must meet special requirements as outlined in the Minimum Job Qualifications section.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs assessments, evaluation, mental health screening and/or mental health assessment and evaluation, and referrals, focusing on the psychosocial needs of the patient and family; facilitates family conferences as appropriate; identifies and communicates social, emotional and patient/family stressors to members of the care team as it relates to patient’s problems and plan of care.
- Plans and coordinates interventions, provides counseling services and evaluates effectiveness of interventions for identified patients and families based on specific department standards.
- Identifies and facilitates safe discharge planning along the continuum. Communicates and documents plan to interdisciplinary patient care team.
- Promotes safety, quality and appropriate resource utilization. Advocates on behalf of patients and caregivers for service access and for safety and rights (e.g. victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, disability access or community-based services).
- Ensures compliance with state reporting requirements and appropriate documentation as identified by department policy and regulatory requirements/agencies. Provides consultation to staff and physicians regarding reporting requirements.
- Provides consultation and guidance to staff and physicians about patient psychosocial issues and needs.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Master’s Degree in a behavioral health field (e.g. sociology, psychology, counseling, etc.) required; MSW is preferred. MSW required for the following departments:
Two years recent related work experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Depending on the assigned work unit/service line, work experience in a specialized field may be required (i.e. Nephrology).
NOTE: If assigned to the Emergency Department, an applicant must meet the minimum requirements of WAC 388-865-0238 (Definition of a Mental Health Professional) in order to meet the requirements of RCW 71.05 as relates to the provision of Mental Health Evaluations in the Emergency Department.
- Current Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or
- Current Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or
- Current Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW), or
- Current Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or
- Current licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LSWAIC), or
- Current Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHCA), or
- Current Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFTA), or
- Eligible for Agency Affiliated Counselor; and the state must receive the application within seven (7) days of employment; and the credential must be obtained within 60 days of hire. Licensure must be obtained within 42 months.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs