Nurse Residency Emergency
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
Current Incentives for qualifying external Nurses with a 2 year commitment
- Up to a $20,000 RN Residency Completion Bonus for qualifying RN Residents
- Up to $25,000 inEducation Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
- Relocation Assistance
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Commute Trip Reduction Program - Earn cash back for participation!
Assess and manage patients with varying acuity and conditions, from minor to urgent, across all populations and age groups.
Provide stabilization and emergency care for patients to include special procedures such as triage, orthopedic splinting, cardiac pacing, cardioversion and defibrillation; eyes, ears, nose and throat procedures, wound repair, complex medication administration, cardio-respiratory resuscitation, gynecological and obstetrical procedures and management of psychiatric emergencies.
Administers, oversees and documents the administration of medications.
Prepares patient for discharge and assists with coordinating post discharge needs.
Demonstrates competent professional nursing practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth.
Provides health care education and guidance to patients and families.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred. Previous E.D. experience current within the last 2 years preferred, OR Critical care experience, current within the last 2 years preferred, OR New graduate or RNs without E.D. or Critical Care experience AND successful completion of the E.D. residency program.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within sixty days of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services within twelve months of date of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter.
- National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Residency Emergency at St Francis Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started