Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Nursing Float Personnel
- Hours/Pay Period: .01
The posted compensation range of $18.74 - $25.77 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Join our new Upper Midwest Internal Travel Program!
As an LPN in our Travel Program throughout our Midwest locations at CHI Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, you will bring your clinical expertise to provide exceptional patient care across multiple units.
You’ll build trust in these interactions by presenting a positive attitude and by being reliable. Your success in this role comes from your knowledge to provide care to various disease processes in a variety of situations ranging from minor to critical while being able to consistently remain calm and positive.
The Midwest Internal Travel Program is a skilled workforce pool of CHI Health clinicians who take temporary assignments throughout 29 hospitals across the Midwest Division, in North Dakota, Minnesota, and occassionally in Nebraska and Iowa. The 6-12 week assignments will be based on patient need with our travelers going where staff is needed most. The Midwest Internal Travel Program allows us to respond more quickly to the greatest areas of need with qualified clinicians who know our policies, procedures, and core values.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
- Interviews patients and records their medical history
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs; reports abnormal findings promptly
- Administers and documents administration of treatments and medications within scope of practice; may administer oral, topical, and suppository medications; administer injections, infusions, and blood transfusions; start IVs
- Verifies that patient charts are updated promptly and accurately
- Observes and records patients’ conditions and reactions to medications and treatments
- Serves as a liaison between physician and patient; shares information and reinforces education and instructions provided by the care provider
- Participates in admission and discharge process
- Performs and documents comprehensive patient assessments
- Reviews and updates plan of care where applicable
- Completion of an accredited LPN program.
- North Dakota (ND) and/or Minnesota (MN) Licensed Practical Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Must be proficient with computers and computer applications in the healthcare setting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
- Must obtain Basic Dysrhythmia within one (1) year of employment.
- IV Certification required within one (1) year of employment.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful LPN Traveler at CHI Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started