Systems Engineer - Storage Services
The posted compensation range of $37.05 - $53.72 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Technology Infrastructure team has responsibility for infrastructure/technical planning, implementation and support activities. Specific responsibilities include installing and supporting system hardware and software, performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and software updates. Responsibilities also include operational support activities such as resolving software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management. System Engineers work closely with architects, infrastructure support, database administrators and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for CommonSpirit Health customers and alignment with CommonSpirit Health’s IT standards, controls and governance.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of technical, business and leadership skills. This requires an understanding of customers’ business needs, processes, and functions. They also require a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Remote position.
- Provides operational support in addition to evaluation and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
- Works beyond the routine, utilizing specialized knowledge and analysis of multiple variables.
- Has a comprehensive understanding and skillsets for supported platforms/products and environments.
- Effort and activities are divided between maintenance and support of existing environments, and implementation tasks.
- Project assignments can be large in scope but are typically of medium complexity.
- Provide exceptional customer service to CommonSpirit Health end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of CommonSpirit Health IT.
- Perform daily production support activities.
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments.
- Participate in minor projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Participates in support efforts between Enterprise Technology Infrastructure and other CommonSpirit Health support teams.
- Initiate change management requests and adhere to the CommonSpirit Health IT CM process.
- Perform source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines.
- Provide ownership of technical issues within the Team.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Assist with the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all Technology Infrastructure platforms.
- Assist with strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development).
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning effort.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
- Perform technical mentoring and cross training with other team members.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge & expertise with CommonSpirit Health business processes and routines.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required
- Established understanding of Infrastructure and relative technologies.
- Established understanding of network connectivity and protocols.
- Established experience with communication and documentation applications necessary for operational support. (Ticketing tools, device connectivity, Web interfaces)
- Established understanding of common operating systems Windows, Linux.
- Established understanding of storage related protocols (iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, and NDMP).
- Established understanding of SAN and NAS storage infrastructures (NetApp and Dell-EMC preferred).
- Established understanding of storage networking infrastructures (Brocade, Cisco).
- Established understanding of RAID levels and disk technologies.
- 3+ years’ experience with NAS and/or SAN Storage technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience with storage networking technologies.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with other technical leaders within the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines in a past paced work environment.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills in prioritizing and executing assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work close in team environment when needed.
- Demonstrates a customer service approach to service delivery and effectively communicates with our customers on requests and incidents.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in determining work and problem resolution priorities and approaches.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working in a large complex networking environment is required.
- Development effort estimation techniques.
- Keeping technologically current and learning new technologies
- Occasional travel may be required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs