System Director Real Estate Strategy - Remote Opportunity
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The System Director - Strategy, Mergers and Acquisition, and Special Projects will oversee and lead the real estate strategy, M&A support, Joint Venture implementation, and special real estate project initiatives for CommonSpirit Health. This will include critical strategic initiatives focused on portfolio optimization, strategic leasing, portfolio monetization, and campus planning; developing evergreen programs to ensure long term sustainability of the initiatives. The System Director will work with the System VP in the development of entrepreneurial business solutions that intersect with the system portfolio nationally, divisionally, within key markets, and for national business lines. He/She will be the point of contact for all CSH M&A and JV activities involving real estate functions; working in partnership with and in support of the System Strategic Growth team.
This position will align the resources across NRES to develop and lead project teams in the implementation of the core initiatives and programs. The System Director will coordinate NRES engagement, alignment and understanding of the Division and Market objectives to ensure that core initiatives and programs align with the CSH business strategies. They will participate in developing and leading initiatives that align with the CSH value capture goals of more efficient and lower cost operating models.
The System Director will guide the engagement with the Division and national business unit strategy teams, building relationships and forums for the proper exchange of data and information. They will focus on ensuring there is a defined portfolio strategy that will guide decisions and actions in each Division and market. He/She will be tasked with the development of innovative solutions that reflects the development of a portfolio that supports the Integrated Delivery Network for the CSH organization.
The following represents the essential functions and responsibilities of the System Director:
- Build a team structure that integrates some new hires, existing NRES team members, division / business unit resources, and 3rd party consultants
- Develop critical tools, procedures and processes that will be required to implement and manage the core strategic initiatives for the organization. These will integrate with the NRES real estate management platform and feed the organizations Single Source of Truth.
- Develop and lead the working forums for the engagement of strategy and operations leadership teams in each Division and national business unit
- Lead the system wide portfolio optimization initiative, manage and oversee the implementation of the market by market action plans
- Build a strategic leasing program to ensure functionally full owned/leased assets, integrating market and business unit strategies; this will be the implementation guide for the REAS teams
- Manage the development of a Campus Planning format and tool kit to ensure common results across the full acute portfolio. Provide key oversight and engagement with the NRES PDC and FMEI teams in their delivery of the campus plans. Draw strategic conclusions from the plans to guide the Long Rang Strategic Financial Plans for the CSH organization.
- Undertake critical portfolio analysis focused on portfolio development and monetization decisions. Support the REAS team in implementing monetization actions.
- Lead and coordinate the actions of NRES in support of M&A, JV and JOA activities for the CSH system.
- Facilitate and support the CSH Strategic Growth team in their M&A efforts, including engagement of the SSOT and required NRES data.
- Manage the NRES integration efforts after M&A activities have been completed, focus on a smooth transition into the NRES system operations.
- Building Division and National Business unit Portfolio Strategy Documents, coordinate the engagement with the Division strategy and operations teams to ensure alignment with the Integrated Delivery Network for each market.
- Builds innovative and entrepreneurial business plans focused on capitalizing on opportunities to create added value (Revenue and EBITDA) for the organization
- Collaborates in the development of alternative financing vehicles and business planning structures.
- Serves as thought leader working with stakeholders within NRES and throughout the organization related to the industry trends, healthcare influences and their impacts on portfolio.
- Develops quarterly communications for the NRES team regarding healthcare industry trends and critical items that will influence the CSH strategic response in our Markets.
This is a remote work opportunity
The posted compensation range is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $62.51 to $81.26, hourly rates, annualized.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business (real estate or finance focus)
- Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Strategy is preferred; Masters in Healthcare Administration would also be considered
- Significant experience (10+ years) providing increasingly significant strategic solutions and business consulting
- Experience in leading strategic consulting engagements and consulting teams, managing performance, schedules and outcomes
- Extensive experience in healthcare planning, focused on portfolio optimization, Mergers & Acquisition, Joint Venture, and innovative real estate network solutions
- Experience in the delivery of planning results to senior level and executive leaders including Board level presentations
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of the trends and issues impacting the healthcare industry including specific understanding of the “integrated continuum of care” models
- Extensive experience in developing and leading high performing teams that include internal and external resources and firms
- Demonstrated success in building collaborative work teams that have different stakeholder report structures
- Experience with providing sponsorship and guidance of major change initiatives preferred.
- Healthcare real estate and portfolio strategy
- Real estate structuring, deal terms
- Entrepreneurial business planning
- Portfolio acquisitions and monetization
- An assertive approach with a collaborative style
- Proven track record for delivering projects and programs that meet the defined business plan and strategic objectives
- Entrepreneurial problem solving approach and skills
- Deep analytical skills to guide core strategic initiatives
- Consistent professional behavior in all activities
- Executive and Board level communication skills
- Exceptional MS suite, presentation, and Google suite skills
- Strong leader with the ability to motivate, teach and guide teams toward meeting the desired objectives
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.