Sr Wireless Network Engineer - Remote
The posted compensation range of $44.83 - $65.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
We are seeking a Sr. Wireless Engineer to join our Wireless LAN team, in supporting non-stop small/medium/large scale site & system upgrades within our nationwide healthcare organization. This person would be called upon to oversee the assessment, design, and implementation of new hardware,
software & configuration changes to the various wireless networks. Our team is in constant collaboration with partnering teams like wired networking, security, server, endpoint management, voice and more, in order to provide holistic solutions that move everything forward together.
- Remote position.
- Assess existing wireless networks to determine health scores and areas that need to be updated to a contemporary state
- Collaborate with endpoint support teams to determine technical specifications & expectations per endpoint device type
- Develop high-level & low-level designs that depict the before/after networks, and the transition plan to migrate from legacy to new environment in the least impactful, and most efficient way
- Coordinate with Project Management and partnering teams to assemble quotes, order/track/receive/assemble/test/stage new equipment
- Oversee and participate in the implementation tasks to bring new hardware, software & configurations online, migrate users, and decommission the legacy environment
- Provide day-1 support for newly activated environments, to make sure everything is stable before turning over to operations for steady-state support
- Perform project closure tasks to turnover finished deliverables to the Network Operations team
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-7 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required.
- Experience with Cisco wireless, and moderate understanding of wireless design and coverage preferred (change 'moderate' to advanced)
- Ability to develop and organize written documentation and procedures is required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in determining work and problem resolution priorities and approaches
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco Route Switch and Wireless infrastructure.
- CCNA or CCNP Certification Preferred
- Experience with datacenter and MDF/IDF closet construction design (cabling, racks, power, cooling)
- Experience or understanding of Cisco Nexus platform preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with vendor management
- Experience with Cisco wireless, and moderate understanding of wireless design and coverage preferred
- Understanding and experience with WAN protocols and topology:
- Metro Optical Ethernet
- MultiPoint MOE
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs