Sr Systems Engineer
The posted compensation range of $44.83 - $65.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The System Engineer job family has responsibility for infrastructure/technical planning, implementation and support activities for systems owned by the CommonSpirit Health Technology Infrastructure team. Specific responsibilities include installing and supporting system hardware and software, performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and software updates. Responsibilities also include operational support activities such as resolving software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management.
- Remote eligible.
- Provides advice, guidance and expertise to promote adoption of methods and tools and adherence to policies and standards. Evaluates and selects appropriate methods and tools in line with agreed policies and standards.
- Implements methods and tools at project and team level including selection and tailoring in line with agreed standards. Manages reviews of the benefits and value of methods and tools. Identifies and recommends improvements. Contributes to organizational policies, standards, and guidelines for methods and tools.
- Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests. Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
- Provides advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate
testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk.
- Conducts post release reviews. Ensures release processes and procedures are applied and that releases can be rolled back as needed.
- Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate release and deployment tools, techniques and processes (including automation).
- Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in problem solving. Resolves or facilitates resolution of complex
problems for assigned programs.
- Project assignments are large in scope and are highly complex.
- Provide exceptional customer service to CommonSpirit end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of CommonSpirit ITD.
- Perform daily production support activities.
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments.
- Lead projects associated with the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing software solutions.
- Coordinate implementation and support efforts between Technology Infrastructure and other CommonSpirit ITD teams.
- Provide oversight and facilitation of the CommonSpirit IT change management process as it applies to the System Engineering team.
- Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines.
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of issues across multiple disciplines and technologies.
- With oversight from the Principal System Engineer and Management, initiate and facilitate strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development).
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all IT platforms.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop systems and support performance metrics.
- Demonstrate potential leadership qualities through team motivation and technical training.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge & expertise with CommonSpirit Health business processes and routines.
- Perform crisis management during high-severity operational incidents.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required.
- Established understanding of Infrastructure and relative technologies.
- Experience with IIS, .Net and PowerShell desired.
- Experience with datacenter and MDF/IDF closet construction design (cabling, racks, power, cooling).
- 5-7 years of experience with vendor management.
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis is required.
- Requires 8 or more years of technical voice operations experience with Cisco Systems.
- CUCM, CUC, CER, RTMT, CLI & IOS Required
- Windows, Excel/Sheets & Visio Required
- SIP, SCCP & PRI Voice Routing Required
- RTMT, TranslatorX & MRA Required
- Linux & Unix Commands a Plus
- Automation Experience a Plus
- Spectralink Experience a Plus
- Network Experience a Plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs