Sr Systems Engineer
The posted compensation range of $44.83 - $65.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The IT Operations team has responsibility for infrastructure/technical planning, implementation and support activities for systems owned by the CommonSpirit IT Operations Team. Specific responsibilities include installing and supporting system hardware and software, performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and software updates. Responsibilities also include operational support activities such as resolving software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management. System Engineers work closely with architects, infrastructure support, database administrators and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for CommonSpirit Health customers and alignment with CommonSpirit Health’s IT standards, controls and governance.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of technical, business and leadership skills. This requires an understanding of customers’ business needs, processes, and functions. They also require a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
• Provides evaluation, engineering/design and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
• Initiates methods and approaches to meet defined business objectives. Resolves subtle complexities that often have significant implications for program’s overall success.
• Has a deep awareness and understanding of emerging trends and technologies in IT and Healthcare.
• Is considered a subject matter expert in the enterprise and multiple technology areas, platforms and functions.
• Works on multiple projects that may span the enterprise.
• Serves as an escalation point for complex requests and issues.
• Provide exceptional customer service to CommonSpirit end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of CommonSpirit IT.
• Perform daily production support activities.
• Participate in team on-call rotations.
• Perform patching and code deployments across all environments.
• Perform project resourcing, oversight and management.
• Act as primary conduit to and representative of the IT Operations team. Oversee support efforts between IT Operations and other CommonSpirit Health teams, and provide escalation and resolution functions when necessary.
• Provide overall ownership of the Change Management process for the System Administration team and IT Operations technical environment.
• Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines.
• Provide overall technical ownership for all support and project issues and responsibilities within the System Administration and ETS teams.
• Schedule and manage all performance tuning and troubleshooting efforts.
• Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all IT Operations platforms.
• Maintain primary responsibility for strategic planning, technical roadmap development, standards and architecture.
• Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
• Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
• Lead efforts to identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
• Manage a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning program.
• Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
• Demonstrate potential leadership qualities through team motivation, coaching, and mentoring and delegating.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge & expertise with CommonSpirit Health business processes and routines.
• Research and recommend appropriate System Administration best practices, and tools.
• Perform crisis management during high-severity operational incidents.
• Perform meeting facilitation for staff, operational support and project meetings.
• Complete assignments as required by the IT Operations Director and Manager and work effectively with all levels of leadership.
• BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional IT experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required, with healthcare industry experience strongly desired.
• 5+ years Unix operational experience (Solaris, AIX, Linux) is required.
• 5+ years Windows Server operational experience is required.
• Working knowledge of Web and Java Middleware technology, LDAP, networking, security, proxy, and storage technologies is required. Operational experience is strongly desired.
• Working knowledge of Oracle, MS SQL Server or IBM DB2 is required.
8+ years of experience with Veritas NetBackup and Veritas OpsCenter, Cohesity, Networker, and Bridgehead
8+ years of experience with tapeless backup technologies such as: EMC Data Domain, Data Domain Boost, VTL, NetBackup OST, Deduplication, Cohesity, Networker.
Proven experience in the integration of Veritas NetBackup with NetApp storage and snapshot technology
Proven experience with backup processes associated with Windows, Linux, UNIX, VMS, database platforms (MS SQL, IBM DB2, Cache, Sybase and Oracle), SAP, and NDMP
Experience in integrating VTL technology with IBM BRMS (Backup Recovery and Media Services) for iSeries and Bridgehead backup technologies
Must be able to present verbal and written solutions in a professional setting
Provide operational excellence and direction through process and documentation
Must be able to work directly with vendors on solutions and strategic direction
Proven team level mentorship skills
Proven ability to work with others as well as problem resolution
Reliability and commitment to getting the job done (including after hours as required)
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Current & valid product certifications in technologies listed preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work with other technical leaders within the organization.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines in a past paced work environment.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving from inception to completion.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to develop and organize written documentation and procedures is required.
• Must be able to work independently as well as work close in team environment when needed.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in determining work and problem resolution priorities and approaches.
• Strong conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to assume technical leadership role as needed within area of technical expertise.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Commitment to quality and high level of integrity.
Position is remote but expectation is to attend all meetings even if outside business hours.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs