Sr Network Engineer
The posted compensation range of $44.83 - $65.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- This is a remote position and there could be periods of time where travel is up to 20%.
- Create, implement, and support several IT portfolios which accelerate the transformation of Technology Services as a key enabler to Client’s growth strategy and fulfillment of CommonSpirit Health’s mission.
- Act as the Client’s Technology Services champion with internal and external stakeholders regarding security, compliance, feature and product roadmaps, remediation, and service level agreements.
- Mentor and coach other network associates to build skills and readiness in technology, portfolio, and platform responsibilities.
- Lead and participate in focused proof-of-concept activities for technology assessments, communicate findings, develop portfolio roadmaps, investment prioritization, and successful implementation and adoption.
- Be known as the subject matter expert for their portfolios and actively collaborate with other Solution Architects on IT standards, innovation and integration opportunities to enable new value chains and business efficiencies.
- Drive adherence to IT strategy and IT standards in design processes for 3rd party services, products acquired, internal services, integrated hosted solutions, and hardware/software vendors.
- Ensure that portfolio performance meets or exceeds operational metrics for scalability, security, compliance, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
- Guide business owners and Technology Services teams to ensure the consistency of their components to the overall business capability, IT product architecture, and IT roadmaps.
- Create solutions that drive progress toward approved standards and reduce the number of exceptions by proactive roadmap and investment prioritization with business and IT owners.
- Lead IT portfolio maturity by driving the technical aspects of the acquired and developed products by applying industry best practices and technical due diligence.
- Proactively develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the solution domain to implement the most current and relevant solutions
- Proactively drive the assessment and resolution of software, hardware, or process defects discovered throughout the pre-launch, post-launch, and quality review processes.
- Ensure that financial planning and controls for IT portfolio decisions provide a return on investment, cost savings, performance improvement and clearly link to the defined business strategy.
- Design work to include sizing the network, choosing hardware and development of the low level designs.
- Participate in projects during discovery, design and implementation phases.
- Participate in technical calls, which may be at night, to oversee work being done on a network.
- Work with project teams to ensure the networks are deployed as designed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, hardware engineering, or relevant degree is preferred
- 7+ years’ Engineering/Architecture Design experience with Cisco Networking technologies, including Route/Switch, Wireless, Nexus, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco DNAC, Cisco ISE.
- CCIE Certification Preferred
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Be able to travel onsite to facilities to assess facility readiness.
- Candidates must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco Systems/Palo Alto Networks hardware/software portfolios.
- The ability to design complex LAN/WAN/Wireless networks.
- A good understanding of cable plant infrastructure (fiber, copper), IDF/MDF/Data Center room designs. This would include determining room layout, understanding of power and cooling requirements.
- One or more years of experience in the healthcare or medical industry (optional)
- Knowledge of Meditech, Epic, Siemens, Cerner, Allscripts, and McKesson products (optional)
- Knowledge of HIPAA and HITECH, Security Privacy plus, and Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (desired)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Automation for configuration building, script building. The ability to development an automation process that can be leveraged by the entire team. Also the ability to be able to train the team on how to use it. Experience with ansible/puppet/chef/python.
- The ability to write technical scripts, SOP's, and any other documents deemed relevant to achieving success.
- An understanding of Project Management methodologies.
- Expert understanding of networking theories and designs to support advanced datacenter technologies including virtualization, storage, database, server, unified communications, and messaging.
- Advanced experience with design, implementation, and troubleshooting of Cisco networks in complex campus environments.
Ability to demonstrate ability to design complex networks, including the following protocols/topologies:
- Metro Optical Ethernet
- MultiPoint MOE
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs