Sr IT Integration Engineer
The posted compensation range of $46.96 - $68.10 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Senior Integration Engineer creates, enhances and maintains applications that meet the needs of end-users and achieve business goals by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, then designing and implementing solutions. The Senior Integration Engineer works on several solutions at a time that tend to be of high complexity. They provide technical guidance to software engineering and support teams and may oversee the software engineering aspects of all projects.
The Senior Software Engineer performs troubleshooting and issue resolution for complex software problems. Acts as a subject matter expert for software design and coding. Will have the responsibility of mentoring junior Integration Engineers.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- Implements technical solutions finalized by architects
- Assist in maintenance and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Participate in Management, Implementation, Patching and Upgrades of Integration engines and tools
- Support engines and tools from the OS level
- Provide training and mentor other Engineers when required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Attend team meetings to communicate project status and discuss new ideas and any issues.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
- Make business presentations to management when needed.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential and safe
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Remote eligible.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Computer Science, Computer Engineer or related technical discipline or equivalent software development experience.
Master’s Degree preferred
- 7-8 years required
- Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies desired.
- Strong working knowledge of one or more data integration middleware products and/or technologies such as HL7 interface engine, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM MQ, Rhapsody, Axway product suite, API Framework, SFTP/FTP scripting required
- Strong working knowledge of SSL / Certificate management
- 5+ years of Linux/AIX handson experience, including shell scripting
- Strong Java, Python, PHP development skills desired
- Code versioning experience required
- Experience working with HL7, HIPAA transactions sets, and EDI engines is highly desired.
- Experience and understanding of hospital (Clinical and/or Revenue Cycle Management) or healthcare workflows
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs