Senior Financial Analyst
The posted compensation range of $35.28 - $51.16 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote (work from home) position however, it is strongly preferred you are located within a commutable distance of the Denver, CO metro area. Occasional travel into the office is required.
Primarily responsible for analyzing supply chain data to provide insight to leaders on initiative performance, forecasts, and budgeting to improve the predictability of market supply expenses. Supports the budget development process and variance reporting. Develops the presentation of recommendations determined by the budget department and effectively communicates the output to the market finance leaders. Works with analysts in other functional areas to connect analysis and ensure consistency in measurement, reporting, and interpretation.
- Produces forecasts for supply expense trends
- Analyzes market performance on expense reduction initiatives and update forecasts throughout the fiscal year
- Develops analytic models to provide insight to supply expense budgeting
- Develops budget variance reporting templates and organize market report-outs
- Connects with analysts from other functions to collaborate on analytic standards
- Helps coordinate improved cross-functional activity by utilizing analytics and key measurements to identify opportunities to eliminate waste in processes
- Works closely with analysts and stakeholders in other business functions to develop an analyst community, eliminating information gaps across functional areas
- Contributes to the development of data governance standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in related field from four year college or university is required
- Master’s or Post Graduate Degree in a related field (e.g., MBA) is strongly preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 3 years of related experience required
- Demonstrated analytical experience; supply chain and healthcare experience preferred
- Able to function independently, adapt quickly to changing environments and open to new ideas
- Capable of maintaining an independent perspective without losing collaborative nature, trust and respect
- Open and willing to engage other roles and departments when appropriate, including Division leaders
- Shows a high sense of urgency and ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Seasoned business judgment and superior analytical abilities, particularly in strategic business and financial analysis
- Ability to prepare quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders
- Ability to deal with conflict and difficult people
- Knowledge of relevant analytical and statistical software
- Prior knowledge of the supply chain and healthcare operations is an advantage
- Capability to translate the technical aspects of quality to what it means for the business, both top and bottom line
- Mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to financial cost analysis.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to solve practical problems and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint Access and Outlook
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs