The posted compensation range of $37.05 - $53.72 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health is a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 by Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. With its national office in Chicago and a team of over 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit operates more than 2,000 care sites from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen -- both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Remote position.
- Provides operational support in addition to evaluation and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
- Works beyond the routine utilizing specialized knowledge and analysis of multiple variables.
- Has a thorough and comprehensive mastery of supported platforms/products and environments.
- Effort and activities are divided between maintenance and support of existing environments, and implementation tasks.
- Project assignments can be large in scope but are typically of medium complexity.
- Provide exceptional customer service to CommonSpirit Health end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of CommonSpirit Health IT
- Perform daily production support activities
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments
- Participate in projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Participates in support efforts between Enterprise IT Operations and other CommonSpirit Health support teams.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Initiate change management requests and adhere to the CommonSpirit Health IT CM process.
- Perform source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
- Provide ownership of technical issues within the IT Operations Team
- Assist with the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all IT Operations platforms
- Assist with strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning effort.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
- Perform technical mentoring and cross training with other team members.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge & expertise with CommonSpirit Health business processes and routines.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-7 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required.
- Ability to develop and organize written documentation and procedures is required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in determining work and problem resolution priorities and approaches
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco Route Switch and Wireless infrastructure.
- CCNA or CCNP Certification Preferred
- Experience with datacenter and MDF/IDF closet construction design (cabling, racks, power, cooling)
- Experience or understanding of Cisco Nexus platform preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with vendor management
- Experience with Cisco wireless, and moderate understanding of wireless design and coverage preferred
- Understanding and experience with WAN protocols and topology:
o Metro Optical Ethernet
o MultiPoint MOE
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs