IT Sr Software Engineer
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote position.
The Senior Software Engineer strives to improve the user experience by implementing and/or enhancing applications of high complexity/enterprise wide cross functional programs or projects. They perform application build and configuration management functions or work directly with Software Development Engineers by writing technical specification documents for development, perform testing, and/or perform configuration management for the implementation, enhance or upgrade solutions on premise or in a cloud hosted environment.
The Senior Software Engineer acts as a subject matter expert in design, configuration and building on multiple projects, engaged in enterprise wide projects. The Senior Software Engineer leads efforts on documentation that describe processes and procedures relating to the solution and transition operational support to Technical Analysts.
- Designs, configures, tests, implements, and maintains solutions and may lead others on the team through the effort.
- Responsible for delivering project assignments of high complexity which includes application design, and configuration.
- Interacts with the customer user community in a courteous and professional manner to secure business requirements; perform technical requirements translation to meet business objectives.
- Participates or may lead the Product Release management functions which may include developing test plans, perform test plans, facilitating with end user for end user acceptance testing and may develop application validation scripts for ongoing operations team.
- May be responsible for taking on-call on a regular basis
- Interacts with business teams to develop application requirements and installation plans.
- Participates or May lead efforts to ensure application standards, policies, and procedures exist.
- Participates or May lead transition to operations functions to Technical Analysts resources for successful ongoing operational support.
- Participate or may lead in peer reviews of single facility or application focused configuration work to ensure it aligns to the business and technical requirements.
- Participates or may lead in application management activities for a single functional area to achieve project objectives.
- Participates or may lead in product lifecycle management, end user enhancement requests of high complexity, and technical aspects of the modules/applications that are assigned.
- Provides administrative, application configuration, performs unit and integration testing for highly complex projects) or functional areas of larger projects or programs.
- Researches and recommends appropriate application management best practices, and tools.
- Responds to end user problems and develops/maintains strong, positive working relationships with the end user community.
- Assists in documenting business and system processes and procedures through the use of industry standard process flow and flow charting techniques.
- Participates in developing training materials and training users on system functionality.
- Participates in Application feasibility and selection processes.
- Participates or may lead in designing system specifications, standards, and configuration.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, solution configuration and design.
- Protects the organization by keeping information confidential and safe.
- May be pulled into highly complex high severity issue management in rare situations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a Healthcare environment.
- 10+ years’ experience working in IT as an Application Systems Analyst or Technical analyst type role.
- Optime and Anesthesia certifications required
A compensation range of $97,000 - $141,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs